Effective date: February 23, 2017
Welcome to Vidonado (“Vidonado,” “we,” “us” or “our”). Vidonado is a video social networking platform where you can create and share videos and share it with the world. Vidonado will help you conceptuate ideas and let others create content based on it.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users“).
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your first name, last name, username, password and e-mail address when you register for a Vidonado account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, profile picture, bio text). This information allows us to help you or others be “found” on Vidonado.
- User Content (e.g., videos, comments, number of claps, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
- Communications between you and Vidonado. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Finding your friends on Vidonado:
- If you choose, you can use our “Search” feature to locate other people with Vidonado accounts through a search of names and usernames on Vidonado.
In order to search for your friends, simply type a name and we will perform a search on our Service.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service.
- We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address assigned to the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique number that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to Vidonado and the website you visit after you leave our site.
Cookies and similar technologies:
- In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
- In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. This Privacy Statement applies to the information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Vidonado.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a video), number of claps, comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your video or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the video and be used by the service (e.g., delivering content in the “Cinema” service based on geotag) if your video is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
- automatically update the Vidonado application on your device
- Vidonado or other Users may run contests, special offers or activities on the Service. If you do not want to participate, do not use the particular Metadata (i.e. hashtag or geotag) associated with that activity.
- SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Vidonado (or the group of companies of which Vidonado is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses and people that are part of Vidonado, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates’ own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences). But these Affiliates will honor the choices you make about who can see your photos.
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you (“Service Providers”). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- A third party vendor used by Vidonado is Google Analytics. For information on how Google Analytics uses data please visit “How Google uses data when you use our partners sites or apps”, located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- We also use Firebase by Google. As an example, we use Firebase to track in app analytic data and deliver push notifications.
- Another third party vendor used by Vidonado is Crashlytics.com. As an example, we use the data to track how well Vidonado is working on your device and how many app crashes you are experiencing.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others. If your account is set to public, videos which are explicitly set to be public will still be public regardless of your account settings. Those videos need to be set to private separately in order to hide them from other users. Please note that “Vid Ideas” are always public and in order to remove it from the service you have to disable the idea permanently by adding it to your list of vid ideas and removing it permanently. This will remove the associated sample video files recorded by you. Any other data which has been provided (e.g., vid idea name, capturing recipes, default camera) will not be removed from the service’s databases.
- Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any User Content that you make public is searchable by other Users. This includes vid ideas which are always public regardless of your privacy settings.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users or third parties using Vidonado have copied or saved that information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Germany where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in Germany or any other country in which Vidonado, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Vidonado, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in countries other than Germany where laws governing data collection and use may differ from the German law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Vidonado cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Vidonado or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password, login authentication code and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Vidonado, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Vidonado, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Vidonado does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
- HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a Vidonado User, please contact us at email@example.com. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information; we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
- COOKIES AND OTHER DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES AND GOOGLE ANALYTICS
When you visit Vidonado’s website or mobile application, we collect certain Transaction Information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud. In many cases, you can manage cookie preferences and opt-out of having cookies and other data collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your browser. All browsers are different, so visit the “help” section of your browser to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.